We’re excited to announce a new Spree Commerce Development Roadmap for 2016 along with a new Core Team. Future Spree open-source efforts will be coordinated and managed jointly by volunteers from Spark Solutions and Vinsol. They are all professional developers who are currently working on behalf of merchants using Spree and have hands on experience in Spree development, customization, maintenance and performance optimization.
After the acquisition announcement we asked the community to step up and these people have met the challenge. We have reviewed their objectives and strategy which can be summarized as follows:
- Growing the current community and supporting businesses running Spree
- Developing Spree Commerce 3.0 with next versions to follow
- Supporting developers in migrations from 2.x to 3.x versions
- Encouraging the Spree community to actively participate in its development
The new Core Team is determined to support Spree developers around the world (mailing list, Slack channel, GitHub issues) in their daily efforts.
For general discussion and support inquiries please use:
Slack public channels: http://slack.spreecommerce.com
Spree Mailing List: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/spree-user
The new core members would like you to konw that in the spirit of free open source software, they are encouraging everyone to work together to help improve the Spree project. New Core Team members are welcome!
Stay tuned to the Spree Mailing list for more details to come!
In other news
- Welcome to clover online store
- Turn critics to fans
- How to promote a product
- Stretch ecommerce budget
- Ecommerce logo best practices
- Effective ctas ecommerce
- Small business resolutions 2016
- Clothing photography best practices
- Increase average order value
- Improve ecommerce conversion rate
- Do it yourself product photography
- Black friday sales advice
- Future of spree oss
- Marketing emails ecommerce
- Great ecommerce customer service
- Maximize seo for ecommerce
- Ecommerce product description best practices
- Ecommerce design best practices
- Blogs for ecommerce
- Spree acquired by first data