A logo is a staple of your brand. However, it’s not the end all be all of your company’s success; that’s your products and services. With that being said, if you’ve put off adding a logo to your ecommerce website, or have had a “rebrand” on your to-do list, then follow the advice below to create a simple, effective, one-of-a-kind logo that will resonate with your brand’s identity.
The Importance of a Good Logo
Logos act as the face of your company; it’s likely the first thing customers will remember when they think of you. So it needs to be unique, simple, memorable and enduring, but not overdone. You’ll also need it to be versatile, as it needs to work across a variety of mediums; your online and offline storefronts, social media profiles, etc.
All of the above points play into the design of your logo, but there’s even more that goes into it. For example, the colors you choose for your logo have far more impact on its effectiveness than you’d probably imagine.
Here are some key statistics from logos used by the top 100 brands to think about, compiled by graphic design firm, The Logo Factory:
- 95% use one or two colors
- 41% use text only
- 93% are simple enough to be recognizable at the size seen in the above image. (That’s really small!)
Pitfalls to Avoid
You need to make your logo recognizable, but as you can see from the above stats, more complex is not always better. The more complex the logo, the more it negatively impacts the flexibility of the logo when it pertains to different sizes and mediums. On that note, make sure your logo looks good in black and white, as well, since you don’t know where it may pop up.
Resources To Build Your New Logo:
We’ve given you some tips, but what if the time is now to create your new logo? You don’t need to hire a fancy designer and spend an arm and a leg. This is something you can try yourself first. Give these simple and inexpensive resources a try:
For more helpful resources for ecommerce entrepreneurs, visit our academy and give us a follow so you don’t miss out on our next update.
Follow Spree Commerce!
In other news
- Welcome to clover online store
- Turn critics to fans
- How to promote a product
- Stretch ecommerce budget
- Spree roadmap announcement
- Effective ctas ecommerce
- Small business resolutions 2016
- Clothing photography best practices
- Increase average order value
- Improve ecommerce conversion rate
- Do it yourself product photography
- Black friday sales advice
- Future of spree oss
- Marketing emails ecommerce
- Great ecommerce customer service
- Maximize seo for ecommerce
- Ecommerce product description best practices
- Ecommerce design best practices
- Blogs for ecommerce
- Spree acquired by first data