Features supported by Spree AvaTax V2 extension:
- Tax calculation (additional/included tax) – US state tax, Canadian HST, VAT supported
- Address validation for US & Canada
- Committing complete orders
- Cancelling (voiding) orders
- Refunding orders
- GetByCodeService for getting SalesInvoice for order from Avatax
- GetTaxService for getting total TaxCalculated for order from Avatax
- AvataxLog for logging API calls
- Caching responses for improved performance
- Multiple company (store) support
Since AvaTax delivers sales and uses tax calculations at the time of checkout or billing — in real-time — the business benefits from implementing the new Spree AvaTax V2 extension are significant, potentially improving conversion rates and sales results.
The new officially certified Spree AvaTax extension can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/spree-contrib/spree_avatax_official
How to integrate AvaTax with Spree
Just follow the steps below:
- Request access and activate your AvaTax account (you may also use a free 60 day trial)
- Install the new officially certified Spree AvaTax extension
- Connect Spree to AvaTax
- Configure Spree Stock Location
- Configure AvaTax settings
- Assign an AvaTax System Tax Code to a Tax Category
The new extension comes with technical support from both the Spree Commerce core team and Avalara and will be maintained to keep up with the innovations introduced by Avalara in the future.
The old extension will no longer be maintained or supported.