Mailchimp is a popular marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. It helps you automate your email marketing, design great emails, track and optimize your business results.
A new, complete Mailchimp E-Commerce extension for Spree Commerce is available.
By doing some growth hacking, monitoring results and optimizing Mailchimp E-Commerce for Spree Commerce settings you might be able to significantly increase all the key E-Commerce metrics such as number of visits per user and re-purchase rate (loyalty), conversion rate, number of items per order, average order value, and as a result your sales results and lifetime customer value.
The benefits of using Mailchimp for your eCommerce business
Marketing automation helps you reach the right people with the right content at exactly the right time, so you can eliminate repetitive tasks and focus on other parts of your business. You can introduce people to your company with a welcome series, get repeat customers by sharing product recommendations, re-engage lapsed customers, send happy birthday messages, send abandoned cart notifications and more.
A must have in every eCommerce. A newsletter will help you find your people and keep them engaged so you can keep growing your business. Once you have built your email base, it is also the cheapest way to advertise and sell your products.
Mailchimp’s segmentation tools allow you to use the information you have about your customers to create and send targeted campaigns. Segments are a great way to increase relevance in your marketing, and they’ll help improve your open and click rates.
Check out more use cases and example applications in our article:
Recovering lost sales and upselling with Mailchimp Ecommerce marketing automation
How to integrate Mailchimp with Spree
Spree Mailchimp E-Commerce is a Spree Commerce extension leveraging the latest Mailchimp E-commerce API 3.0 to help you engage your customer base in a meaningful way through email marketing and track the resulting revenue and other key metrics.
This extension lets you connect your Spree Commerce store with your Mailchimp account in order to:
- automate personalized emails to up-sell and cross-sell:
- set up abandoned cart emails to recapture lost sales,
- add product recommendations to your transactional emails,
- create other targeted automations, such as a welcome email series for new customers spread over a few days or weeks,
- boost your sales with regular curated newsletters or email campaigns:
- acquire new subscriber emails through a pop-up form triggered according to your preferences,
- segment your subscribers based on their purchase activity or predicted audience demographics for tailored email campaigns,
- drag and drop product recommendation blocks or promo code blocks into your email campaigns,
- print and mail actual Postcards (with promo codes) to engage your customers off-line,
- enjoy tracking revenue gained this way in your Mailchimp dashboard.
Explore Mailchimp E-Commerce features and learn how to maximize your KPIs from the guides and case studies published there.
Simply growing your email database and sending emails to a subscription list
Keeping it simple? There are three ways to set up this integration:
- You can embed a Mailchimp list signup form on any page of your website. This is the fastest and easiest way to integrate Mailchimp with Spree.
- You can trigger a Pop-up form according to your preferences using the Spree Mailchimp E-Commerce extension
- You can integrate your website directly via Mailchimp API. For this you will need to use the Gibbon gem. This is a better solution if you need advanced adding to the list option or synchronizing your users with the Mailchimp database.
Example of Mailchimp and Spree integration
Southern Kitchen is all about Southern recipes and traditions. It is a highly content driven eCommerce platform built with Spree. It uses Mailchimp to grow the subscribers list and deliver them personalized content and recommendations. Thanks to the data collected by Mailchimp’s analytics tools, Southern Kitchen has also been able to implement Facebook Ad Campaigns to help identify new lookalike audiences to appeal to. This strategy helped Southern Kitchen drive page views and eventually boost sales.
“We initially drove people to join the email list through ad campaigns on Facebook. We were also careful with where we deployed the signup prompt on the actual website. It wasn’t something we hit you over the head with. We’d wait until you were midway through an article, or had gone a couple pages deep, before you ever saw the prompt.” – Ryan Anderson Director of Analytics, FortyFour digital agency
Read more: Southern Kitchen’s Spree Success Story