The benefits of using ChargeBee for your eCommerce business
- You can set recurring billing frequencies and get paid automatically by your customers. You can easily combine recurring, one-time, and usage-based pricing models.
- It is designed with an elegant and user-friendly API to help you establish tighter integration, as you continue to scale up.
- It provides a flexible and robust billing system to enable your business team to organize special promotions, the right tools for your team to bill accurately, and respond easier for billing concerns, and make it easier for you to collect online payments from the payment gateway of your choice.
- It also allows you to be on top of things with your operations by giving you actionable data using notifications and reports.
How to integrate ChargeBee with Spree
There are three ways of integrating with Chargebee. Choose the one that works best for you:
This requires nil development effort, and you don’t have to worry about PCI Compliance: our checkout pages are PCI Level 1 compliant.
Checkout via API
This would require minimal development effort from your end which would enable you to harness the benefits of API integration. Also, you still don’t have to worry about PCI Compliance.
Manual integration using Chargebee API
With our RESTful API , Chargebee can be integrated with your application or website in a custom way.
If you use Braintree or Stripe for a gateway, you could also integrate using the Braintree.js or Stripe.js for integration.
Open Source Ruby Gem Package
If you’re building a subscription management system with Ruby, you can use the Open source Ruby Implementation as a skeleton to handle specific SaaS use cases with Chargebee’s API.
Apart from basic subscription management, the Ruby Gem handles:
- Subscription upgrade & downgrade scenarios.
- Estimate API to show the order summary & charges before the customer confirms the subscription changes. This is to show the customer what they would pay after the change.
- Setting up of relevant db models to store subscription data.
- Handling webhooks notifications from Chargebee to ensure that the data is in sync with your application.
Personally, I had an opportunity to work on integration of a Spree based project with Chargebee using the Chargebee-ruby gem.
The gem itself is well-mantained – which is great! I did the integration manually using the Cb REST API. Due to their precise documentation & webhooks feature from their side the whole process went really smoothly. – Nathaniel Nande, Senior Ruby on Rails developer, Spark Solutions