Spree Commerce B2B
Spree may be easily customized to any B2B ecommerce business. From a simple use case with only one user type and each user having exactly the same buying experience to the most complex B2B ecosystems involving complex supply chains (B2B2C), multiple organization types, user types with varied buying authority, discount and pricing policies. Build a B2B experience you need with Spree building blocks.
Below are some conversation starters for a B2B ecommerce functional specification discussion.
B2B organizations & user business logic
- Are there multiple user types? What are they?
- What are each user type permissions (e.g. budget or buying authority)?
- Are there any organizations that users accounts belong to (e.g. school, small business, enterprise)?
- What are the organization types? How do they differ from each other (e.g. manufacturer, retailer, consumer)?
- Are there multiple users per organization or single user only?
- Is the user sign up open to anyone or is it invite based only? Who sends the invites?
- Is there a new user validation / moderation / approval workflow? What are the user account states? Who has permissions to change those states?
- Is there an additional billing contact to share invoices with, but without login permissions?
B2B pricing, purchasing, payments
- Are prices or any other parts of the website hidden from the general public, available only to signed in users? What is your entitlements policy?
- Does the pricing vary between organization or user types?
- What is your discount policy?
- What payment methods are available to which user and organization types?
- Are there any delayed payment “on terms” or “purchase order” transactions allowed for certain organization or user types?
- Would you like to offer quick order or repeat order functionality?
- Would you like to allow orders with split shipments delivered to multiple locations
- Would you like to provide personalized organization or user themes?